Lemea has a decade of experience representing clients before the superior courts in Nigeria and administrative panels/tribunals. She is particularly adept at identifying and analyzing potential risks to our clients' businesses and providing invaluable insight and advice to enable the client best manage any such situations that may arise in the course of the transaction.
- Lead Counsel - acted for the defendant in a long lease forfeiture claim, involving an extensive warehouse leased as corporate headquarters resulting in huge financial savings for the client.
- Lead Counsel- acting for a maritime regulator in defending an action against it at the Federal High Court in the wake of the Federal Government’s directive for the removal of shipwrecks and abandoned vessels on Nigeria’s waterways.
- Co-counsel – acted as part of a team of international counsel acting for some petroleum host communities with regard to despoliation of their environment by oil spills.
- Lead Counsel - part of the international team of solicitors acting for an extensive estate with property in many states of Nigeria and abroad with a view to gathering in all properties comprising the estate, settling all contentions, determining all beneficiaries and distributing same.
- Lead Counsel - Drafted several bills that have been passed into law in some states, including Revenue Administration, Bonds and Debt Management Office laws.
- Advisory role - State Government on the offer for subscription by the State of N100 Billion Naira fixed rate bonds under a N250 Billion Naira debt issuance programme;
- Advisory role - contracts and negotiations in respect of an $18 billion Real Estate Smart City Development Project by a public infrastructure development company.
Papers and Presentations
- L. Abina: “Implementing Safety Policies and Practice in Public Health Emergency: The Ebola Case Study”, a paper presented at the International Bar Association’s 2015 Annual Conference, Vienna, Austria.
- L. Abina: “Making a Career in Dispute Resolution and Advocacy” a paper delivered at the 2015 Sterling Partnership annual Mentoring Session at the Nigerian Law School, Lagos Nigeria.
- L. Abina: “Settlement of Capital Market Disputes: Investment and Securities Tribunal (“IST”)”, a paper delivered at the 2012 workshop for staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission organised by Compass Logistics International, Lagos Nigeria
- L. Abina: “Cashless Lagos and Law Practice” being a paper presented at the Nigerian Bar Association (Lagos Branch) 2012 Law Week at Protea Hotels Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria
Qualifications / Membership
- Nigerian Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb- In view)
- Development Committee, Section on Legal Practice, Nigerian Bar Association.
- Institute of Chartered Mediators & Conciliators (ICMC)
- International Law Association (ILA), Committee on International Arbitration.